Information Is Power…Again
Posted By susanne On February 4, 2012 @ 12:03 am In Best Practices,Business Development,Coaching,Consumer News and Advice,Marketing,Real Estate Information,Real Estate News,Real Estate Training,Real Estate Trends,Today's Top Story,Today's Top Story
Setting yourself apart from your competition is becoming increasingly difficult. The emergence of social media into the business world has created platforms where constant, ongoing contact is possible. As a result of this desire to be in constant contact, many agents and brokers have struggled with what constitutes valuable content. What do we post, tweet and send?
If you think about it, the idea that your friends and acquaintances are sincerely interested in an up-to-the-minute play-by-play of your daily activities is somewhat absurd. This confusion in the marketplace creates real opportunities for leaders to emerge. When I say leaders, I mean thought leaders, market leaders, industry leaders and even neighborhood leaders. The communication we have with our most valuable assets should be focused on providing valuable information in real-time that helps people make informed decisions.
I recently took a “deep dive” into RISMedia’s Top 5 in Real Estate Network® and discovered several tools that help agents provide valuable information that enables them to separate themselves from the masses. RISMedia posts four articles per day in a member’s resource center, plus a monthly video. With this high-quality content, Top 5 agents can repost and email the information and develop meaningful and professional communication that is centered around the consumer, but branded to the agent.
I am friends with many real estate professionals who truly understand the value of compelling consumer content. I have gained a great appreciation for those who do their market research and provide truly valuable information to their clients. Following are a few examples of topics that some of my friends are using to generate comments on their blog or “likes” on their Facebook page:
- “Burst pipe: The most feared home emergency”
- “As mortgage rates dip lower, homeowners should consider refinancing”
- “Should I remodel or sell ‘as is?’”
- “5 tips to save money on your new home”
- “10 tips to improve your chances of getting a mortgage on favorable terms”
Of course, there are many other topics that resonate well with today’s consumer. The key to a great strategy is to write often and balance your communications with general homeowner topics like those above, along with hyper-local market information and stats.
Fortunately, technology has created many new avenues to connect, but without great content, those connections are more like distractions than profit centers.
Products like Top Producer’s Market Snapshot are a great example of a simple client opt-in tool that allows you to provide excellent content without doing the heavy lifting.
The keys to building your personal brand as a leader in your market include:
-Subscribe to the best content from providers such as RISMedia’s Top 5 in Real Estate Network®.
-Post often, but balance consumer content with hyper-local market data.
-Include a call to action in all of your marketing.
Having a marketing strategy that positions you as the information leader in your community is not that difficult, but you shouldn’t try to create everything yourself. Your time, energy and focus should still be on meeting belly to belly with as many of your prospects and clients as possible and leave the information generation to those who do it for a living.
Here's a free business plan creator to get you started!
If you don't remotely know how or where to begin with building or re-building your business, come work with us. We already have systems in place that do it all for you!
The best in their field, even professional athletes take advantage of coaching. If you would like the benefit of working with a full time coach, absolutely free to you, please call me directly or email to set up an interview.
The premiere coaching blog for realtors seeking success in the new real estate industry. Find the resources, tools, systems, & methods leading to the most successful career foundation. What consumers expect & how to deliver without sacrificing balance in your life!
Saturday, March 3, 2012
Information Is Power…Again
Posted by Suzanne OBrien at 8:37 AM
Labels: 2011 Expert Advice, Business Plan, Detroit Area Home Sales, Michigan Realtors, Real Estate, Real Estate Coaching, Real estate news, Real Estate Trends, Realtor Training, Social Media Success
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2013 (10)
- Real Estate Marketing Strategies: Why Do Some Real...
- 6 Habits of True Strategic Thinkers
- Time Management: Are You Losing Money?
- One Daily Goal to Double Your Income in 2012
- Real Estate One Southeast Michigan Annual Market T...
- How to Read Your Prospect Like a Book
- Communication Makes or Breaks Your Client Relation...
- 5 ways real estate agents can 'own their market'
- Successful Short Sales: Giving the Lender What The...
- 6 tips to nail your next listing appointment
- Marketing Strategies: Do You Need to Be Lucky to S...
- 5 Tips to Brand Your Way to Success
- Marketing Strategies: Easy Ways to Turn a Scarcity...
- Using hard data, psychology to predict mortgage de...
- 10 things to know about mortgage debt forgiveness
- Selling to the Four Temperament Styles
- Be strategic with real estate content
- 5 Leverage Points to Close More Sales
- How to become an ‘expert’ in picking your clients
- Do Not Take the Listing When…
- Success Strategies: 4 Quick Ways to Be More Produc...
- What Are You Selling?
- FHA's new limits on financial concessions from sel...
- Top tax deductions for real estate pros
- A smarter start for real estate rookies
- 4 Reasons Consumers STILL Need an Agent
- KCM Quick Tips
- Marketing Strategies: 3 Tips to Make This Year You...
- Information Is Power…Again
- What Every New Agent Needs Right Out of the Gate
- Overcoming 3 Major Barriers to Closing More Sales
- ▼ March (31)
- ► 2011 (113)
- ► 2010 (79)
Post a Comment